Crowdsource This Map With Your Trail Observations
This interactive map and trail reporting system work in conjunction with the latest CBGtrails app (AKA Crested Butte/Gunnison trail app) you can download from the App store and Google play store. Trail content you create in the map above will appear in the CBGtrails app and vice-versa. We are particularly interested in using the trail reporting map and app as a tool to crowdsource reports of trail issues. CBMBA and the Crested Butte Conservation Corp (CBCC) would appreciate your observations! CBMBA and the CBCC will use your observations to prioritize trail work and update trail reports. The map is powered by Traildock, the open trail mapping and data platform. Other sites are welcome to embed Traildock’s map. Here is how.
- Sign up for a Traildock account.
- Click the blue add marker pin to add content.
- Click the orange gear icon to switch background map styles
Pictures are worth a thousand words
You can get pictures into your reports one of three ways:
- Use the CBGtrails app to submit a report and take a picture out on the trail, wait a second for the app to apply the marker (you can also tap the map to place the marker anywhere), and submit. If you are out in no cell signal land, the app will post the report when your mobile device returns the internet. Be sure to log in first, before leaving the internet, in order to create a report in the backcountry.
- Take a picture with your phone, download the picture to your computer, and create your report and drag/drop your picture to the map above or at traildock.com
- Take a picture with your phone out on the trail, use the CBGtrails to create a report, and select your picture from your phone’s photo library.
Your reports help CBMBA deliver on its mission to “ride, build, and maintain trails”.